Method #1 – Executable binary file
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to:
- Hold the
[Shift]button and right-click on
Run as administratoror
Run as other userif you wish to use another user.
Method #2 – Command prompt
- Open the Command Prompt and enter:
runas /user:domain\username "mmc compmgmt.msc"
Note: You must include
mmcto inform the
runascommand that this is a
Microsoft Management Consolesnap-in instead of an ordinary Win32 application
Method #3 – Context options menu
- Simply right-click on
This PCfrom the Startmenu or Windows Explorer and click on
Manage.In most circumstances this will trigger the UAC prompt
In addition to compmgmt.msc, here are some other useful Windows snap-ins:
- compmgmt.msc – Computer management
- lusrmgr.msc – Local users and groups
- perfmon.msc – Resource monitor
- devmgmt.msc – Device manager
- printmanagement.msc – Print management
- taskschd.msc – Task scheduler
- services.msc – Services
Find more snap-ins by going to
%windir%\system32 and searching for
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.